[net.unix-wizards] BLIT portability query...

fpt@wgivax.UUCP (Fred Toth #7252) (08/26/85)

Has anyone ported the 5620 DMD support packages from AT&T
to 4.2? If so, please comment on the results.

I welcome all comments on current use of the BLIT.

Fred Toth
Washburn Graphics, Inc.
Charlotte, NC
decvax!mcnc!unccvax!wgivax!fpt

gwyn@brl-tgr.ARPA (08/28/85)

> Has anyone ported the 5620 DMD support packages from AT&T
> to 4.2? If so, please comment on the results.

You can get a 4.2 tape from Teletype, or you can use the DMD
software distributed with the BRL UNIX System V emulation for
4.2BSD (only to sites with appropriate source licenses).

What sort of comment do you want?  "We like them."

dae@psuvax1.UUCP (Daemon) (08/29/85)

In article <122@wgivax.UUCP> fpt@wgivax.UUCP (Fred Toth #7252) writes:
>Has anyone ported the 5620 DMD support packages from AT&T
>to 4.2? If so, please comment on the results.

We have a downloader program and a mostly-completed window manager,
both written from scratch.  We currently make use of the System V
dmd layers program.  Our code requires no kernel mods.

We're not ready yet to distribute, so please don't ask.  Further
details and film at 11.

--Daemon

smb@ulysses.UUCP (Steven Bellovin) (08/30/85)

> In article <122@wgivax.UUCP> fpt@wgivax.UUCP (Fred Toth #7252) writes:
> >Has anyone ported the 5620 DMD support packages from AT&T
> >to 4.2? If so, please comment on the results.
>
> We have a downloader program and a mostly-completed window manager,
> both written from scratch.  We currently make use of the System V
> dmd layers program.  Our code requires no kernel mods.
>
> We're not ready yet to distribute, so please don't ask.  Further
> details and film at 11.

The code already exists (written by me for the BLIT; adapted for the 5620
by Martin Levy), and is (I believe) distributed by Teletype.  Contact
your sales rep for details.

		--Steve Bellovin
		AT&T Bell Laboratories