[comp.periphs] multiport cards -> comp.periphs

tim@comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) (12/23/89)

In article <176@norsat.UUCP>, dbin@norsat.UUCP (Dave Binette) writes:
> As much as I find the discussion on multiport cards interesting,
> (I read all I can) would it be more appropriate to engage
>
> 					  comp.periphs
>
> Followups are redirected as expected.

It depends, usually the answer would be different depending on what
hardware/os you are running.  I know I would rather post something about
multiport cards which are *tightly* coupled to a specific OS in hopes of
landing useful comments from an informed user in *that* OS, as opposed to
sifting through semi-helpful comments from users on another platform.

On the other hand if the information is general in nature, then I feel it
might be more appropriate to post to periphs.  ie: throuhput of a chip on
card xyz.

Tim Brown                           |
Computer Connection                 |
(attmail or uunet)!comcon!tim       |