[comp.periphs] need a used vt100

japullin@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Pullin) (01/18/90)

I am interested in getting a computer terminal, anything that could
appropriately emulate a vt100 would work. Where can one find something
by the like at a low cost?  I imagine there are a lot of these kind
of devices being dumped by universities which upgrade systems. Is there
any place that sells them used?

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Pullin, Syracuse University
pullin@suhep.phy.syr.edu

cc@wet.UUCP (Christopher Cilley) (01/19/90)

In article <1779@rodan.acs.syr.edu> japullin@rodan.acs.syr.edu
(Pullin) writes:
>I am interested in getting a computer terminal, anything that could
>appropriately emulate a vt100 would work. Where can one find something
>by the like at a low cost?  I imagine there are a lot of these kind
>of devices being dumped by universities which upgrade systems. Is there
>any place that sells them used?

Speaking for UC- San Francisco and University of Michigan, both large
schools...  They each had surplus outlets of their own.

At UCSF's I've bought 2 z29s and a couple of h19s.  The z29s were $50 and
the h19s went for $20.  They had everything there from wheelchairs (it's a
big med school) to vt100s, old printers to filing cabinets.

I think if you call the school you might find they have a surplus outlet.
If nothing else, you could try and talk to the resellers themselves and
find out what happens to it.  There's a fair amount of turnover in
terminals I believe.
--
Christopher Cilley	{ucsfcca|claris}!wet!cc		cc@wet.UUCP