[comp.periphs] TCP/IP Terminal servers

ajudge@maths.tcd.ie (Alan Judge) (02/02/90)

We are currently investigating various sorts of TCP/IP terminal servers, and
I am looking for people's experience/advice about the best available brands.

We are in the market for 8-16 port servers initially, with expansion likely
in the future, so expandable servers are an advantage.

I currently have some information on the Emulex P4000 (16 and 32 port), and
the Spiderport 6/10/16 port.

Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

Please mail to me, and I will summarise to the net.

--
Alan Judge, SysAdmin, Dept. of Maths, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
    ajudge@maths.tcd.ie		ajudge%maths.tcd.ie@cunyvm.cuny.edu

peters@interlan.Interlan.COM (Chris Peters) (02/06/90)

| We are currently investigating various sorts of TCP/IP terminal servers, and
| I am looking for people's experience/advice about the best available brands.

	My company, Racal InterLan, makes TCP/IP terminal servers.
You may wish to contact our sale department at 1-800-LAN-TALK or
1-508-263-9929 for mor information.

----------------------+-------------------------------------------------
     ###########      | Chris Peters
   ##           ##    | Racal InterLan, Inc.
 ##_   _      ##  ##  | 155 Swanson Rd.
# ( )-( )____#_     # | Boxborough, MA 01719
#  (o o)/  ##  \    # |   Internet: peters@interlan.interlan.com
#  <\_/_>_#__<_ \   # +-------------------------------------------------
   ##  ##    __/##    | "Real programmers don't use mice."

dave@ecrcvax.UUCP (Dave Morton) (02/07/90)

In article <PETERS.90Feb5111136@interlan.Interlan.COM> peters@interlan.Interlan.COM (Chris Peters) writes:
>You may wish to contact our sale department at 1-800-LAN-TALK or
>1-508-263-9929 for more information.
Please folks, try and remember that 800 numbers cannot be
reached from Europe....