[comp.periphs] Side rails for IBM RT 6150 hard disks.

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (02/20/90)

In article <Ejjh.6@cs.psu.edu> ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Daniel Ehrlich) writes:
>We have purchased MAXSTOR 4380E diskdrives to install in to out RT 6150s.

If you ever get them to work, let me know.  I'd start lining up a buyer and
buy a few Maxtor SCSI drives and use Christer Bernerus' Adaptec AHA1540
SCSI disk and tape driver for AOS 4.3.  It really works great.

>We will also need the rails that the drives ride on in the hangers in the
>chassis.  Does anyone have a source for these rails?

These are literally a dime a dozen, if you know of the right place.
Any "Mom 'n Pop" PC-clone store will sell rails for drives.
--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer