[comp.periphs] Trimm Towers for SMD drives.

apeel@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Gregory Peel) (04/15/91)

Does anybody know ...

When a Sabre or 8" Fujistu drive is mounted in an 8" Trimm tower, what
is needed? The Trimm catalogue lists a shelf, which I guess must attatch
to the drive. Do the brackets which bolt onto the tower come with this, or
must they be bought separately, and what are they called (part nos.?).

Our salespeople don't seem to know much apart from what's in the catalogue.

Thankyou.

Andrew Peel.

Andrew Peel.					University of Melbourne,
apeel@munmurra.cs.mu.OZ.AU			Computer Science Dept.
Ph. (03) 344-4045	Fax. 61 3 348-1184	Parkville, 3052.  Australia.

berger@iboga (Mike Berger) (04/18/91)

apeel@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Gregory Peel) writes:

>Does anybody know ...

>When a Sabre or 8" Fujistu drive is mounted in an 8" Trimm tower, what
>is needed? The Trimm catalogue lists a shelf, which I guess must attatch
>to the drive. Do the brackets which bolt onto the tower come with this, or
>must they be bought separately, and what are they called (part nos.?).
*----
The mounting screws that came with our Sabre drives were sufficient to mount
them on the sliding shelf in the Trimm enclosure.  The hardest part was
figuring out how to open up the Trimm cabinet!

--
	Mike Berger
	Department of Statistics, University of Illinois