[comp.periphs] VGA --> BNC

daniel@terra.ucsc.edu (Daniel Edelson) (05/11/91)

Title says it all. Does anyone know of a
VGA to BNC adapter?

daniel
daniel@cis.ucsc.edu

In article <15634@darkstar.ucsc.edu> daniel@terra.ucsc.edu (Daniel Edelson) writes:
>Title says it all. Does anyone know of a VGA to BNC adapter?
>
>daniel@cis.ucsc.edu

Forgot to mention, the BNC is 3 input.

daniel

dan@rna.UUCP (Dan Ts'o) (05/12/91)

In article <15639@darkstar.ucsc.edu> daniel@terra.ucsc.edu (Daniel Edelson) writes:
>Forgot to mention, the BNC is 3 input.

	If you mean a VGA to 3xBNC for RGB cable, that is easy. You can build
one from Radio Shack parts in 5 minutes.
	However, life is not that simple, usually. Not many devices will take
VGA-style RGB signals. You need to say a lot more about what you want to do
with the VGA to BNC "adapter". If I recall correctly, VGA has separate V and
H sync. Most RGB inputs like composite sync. Then you need to worry about
timing. Are we talking RS-170 compatible ? Then you're out of luck. VGA at
640x480 I think can be compatible with 60Hz RGB.
	In any case, you need to give more details...

				Cheers,
				Dan Ts'o		212-570-7671
				Dept. Neurobiology	dan@rna.rockefeller.edu
				Rockefeller Univ.	...phri!rna!dan