[comp.periphs] Can't detect Disk Change. HELP?

deg@hq.demos.su (Vladimir U. Degtyarev) (06/10/91)

In <1991May26.071458.19924@ulowell.ulowell.edu> ychu@hawk.ulowell.edu (Scott Y. Chu) writes:

>I got a problem that occurred to floppy disk driver. When disk changed, the
>driver can't detect that. I refer to a troubleshooting book. It said that
>the DISK CHANGE LINE FUNCTION is defective. It also talked about the PIN 34.
>I knew it can be cured temporarily by pressing Ctrl-C, which will reset the
>buffer for storing disk directories and files information. But if I am
>installing a software, then this can't work. Does any one who experienced this
>problem know how to solve this problem?

>Scott Chu

>P.S. If you can tell me how to adjust PIN 34 on AT, I'll appreciate.

Dear Scott,
Will you pls. specify the type of computer you have?
For if it's one-piece PC (with on-board HDFD controller) the only way
as far as I know, is to change BIOS EPROMs. We'd had just the same problem
with 486 computer. The manufacturer sent a new BIOS EPROMs pair - it's
OK now.

Vladimir