[comp.periphs] Need info about UniTree / DISCOS

comay@ARISTO.TAU.AC.IL (ODED COMAY) (06/09/91)

UniTree is a file migration product running on various unix platforms.
It is supposed to migrate files to various peripheral devices based on
customer defined criteria aimed at optimizing storage utilization.

The developer of the product is Distributed Computing Solutions, who's
address I am looking for.

Thanks for any help,
Oded.

dale@convex.com (Dale Lancaster) (06/10/91)

In <2176@ccsg.tau.ac.il> comay@ARISTO.TAU.AC.IL (ODED COMAY) writes:

>UniTree is a file migration product running on various unix platforms.
>It is supposed to migrate files to various peripheral devices based on
>customer defined criteria aimed at optimizing storage utilization.

You should be aware that it does not currently have the ability to
manage your native Unix filesystem, you must give it disk partitions
upon which it puts its own filesystem of which you can access via a
network interface (NFS, FTP).

>The developer of the product is Distributed Computing Solutions, who's
>address I am looking for.

Max Morton
General Atomics, DISCOS Division
P.O. Box 85608
San Diego, CA  92138-5608
(619) 455-3755

They will sometimes refer you to the particular vendor that you are
interested in having Unitree on or all of them if you're not sure
which vendor you want.

Dale Lancaster
Convex Computer Corporation
dale@convex.com
(214) 497-4581

Let me know if you have other questions about Unitree :-)

Dale M. Lancaster			Work: 214-497-4581