[comp.periphs] TEAC FD235HF info wanted

es2a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Stuyvesant) (06/13/91)

    The TEAC FD235HF is a 1.44Mb (HD) 3.5" floppy mechanism, and I'd
like to find out where to purchase one.  Any pointers to cheap sources,
or guesses on how much one would cost are much appreciated.  New or used
is acceptable.  Does anyone have a number/address to contact TEAC at
directly?

Thanks in advance.

-Eric Stuyvesant
es2a+@andrew.cmu.edu || es2a%andrew@CMCCVB || JNET%"es2a%andrew@CMCCVB"
al782@cleveland.Freenet.Edu || {uunet,harvard}!andrew.cmu.edu!es2a
"To hate is to study, to study is to understand, to understand is to
appreciate, to appreciate is to love."  -John A. Wheeler
Go MEMS!

ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (David Ritchie) (06/15/91)

>    The TEAC FD235HF is a 1.44Mb (HD) 3.5" floppy mechanism, and I'd
>like to find out where to purchase one.  Any pointers to cheap sources,
>or guesses on how much one would cost are much appreciated.  New or used
>is acceptable.  Does anyone have a number/address to contact TEAC at
>directly?

   This drive is the standard 1.44 3.5" Teac drive that is sold for
PC clones. New price - $60-70 from a discounter (look in computer shopper).

-- Dave Ritchie
ritchie@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com

pk@wet.UUCP (Philip King) (06/17/91)

In article <4cJamRG00YU6QDXZ9o@andrew.cmu.edu> es2a+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric Stuyvesant) writes:

>    The TEAC FD235HF is a 1.44Mb (HD) 3.5" floppy mechanism, and I'd
>like to find out where to purchase one.  Any pointers to cheap sources,
>or guesses on how much one would cost are much appreciated.  New or used
>is acceptable.  Does anyone have a number/address to contact TEAC at
>directly?
>
>Thanks in advance.

The Teac FD-235HF is the most common 1.44 MB, 3.5" drive in the galaxy.
It is the most popular drive sold with all of the IBM clones, in that
size category.  I have one myself.  Just pick up any Computer Shopper
issue, there are probably 150 different vendors in that mag alone that
sell the drive.  The going price ranges from $50-$70.  The prices near
the bottom of the spectrum seem to turn up most often at computer swaps.

As for TEAC's address:

TEAC America, Inc.
7733 Telegraph Road
Montebello, CA 90640