8mm SONY P6-120MP tapes

From: ghg@purdue.edu

Best quote:

$4.83 each, qty 2000, shipping incl.

The Tape Company
801 Silvert
Wood Dale, IL 60191
(800) 837 1100
(708) 595 3113

Contacts: Robert Daly, or Mike Cohen
I talked these guys into a "Usenet Special", which you should mention
for the above price, ask them for prices on other qtys..  I am not
receiving any kickback or price-break.  Everybody gets the price break.
These guys are sometimes shipping qty 20,000 tapes in a single order!
--ghg
From: ajayshah%almaak.usc.edu@usc.edu (Ajay Shah)

Price Club in LA carries 'em at 4.97, qty of 3!!

Fedco in LA (another retail store) once had a deal where a bundle
of 2 normals and 1 HG (all 120 minutes) were bundled at a price
of $17.

Price Club ;W; 1-818-281-8100
	in case it's any good.

I'd like to buy 'em in qtys of 25.  If you get any info on this
front, I'd like to know.

Ajay Shah, (213)734-3930, ajayshah@usc.edu
                             The more things change, the more they stay insane.
From: Glenn F. Leavell <glenn@rigel.econ.uga.edu>

The west coast place that I buy the P6-120MP tapes from is called CCD, but
they charged me $5.49.  What's the info on the place in Lafayette, IN?  Just
for your information, here's CCD's address:

	CCD
	1647 Alvarado ST.
	San Leandro, CA  94577

Maybe you can work up a deal with them.

--
Glenn F. Leavell  Systems Administrator  glenn@rigel.econ.uga.edu  404-542-3488
 University of Georgia Economics Department. 147 Brooks Hall. Athens, GA 30602
From: merlyn@iWarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz)

If you don't need the hard shell, Camera World of Oregon has been
selling the slimline Fuji 120's for $45 per 10-case as an *everyday*
price.
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |
From: sklower@okeeffe.Berkeley.EDU (Keith Sklower)
Subject: 1000 8mm at $5.30!!!! (not including shipping)

Call R&M Pro Audio at (415) 386 - 8400

I get my recording hobby supplies from these people -- they are
a very pleasant middle aged couple doing business out of their home.
They supply 8mm tapes to the department here for our backups.

(R&M stands for Roy & Maureen Chen).
I called them up and told them you what was in your note to comp.periphs,
and asked if they could meet $5.35 for 1k tapes, and she did some
figuring and said she could beat it by 5 cents.  Hope it works out
for all concerned . . . .
From: ramesh@is1.as.nps.navy.mil (ramesh)

I have been buying 1/4" tapes at about $ 26 a piece. From your post
it appears 8 mm tapes are much cheaper. Are these the 2.3 Gig capacity
tapes? Or, am I paying too much for my tapes? Could you please provide
me the address of your source?

Thanks

..bala ramesh..
From: Richard Seymour <seymour@milton.u.washington.edu>

since i can wander into a local stereo store (the "Warehouse")
and buy one P6-120MP off their rack for $5.49, i can only hope
you'll be able to buy 1000 for a little cheaper.
why not call Sony and try to buy them wholesale?

or, if you'd like -- i've got a friend who's got a small store --
she could buy them wholesale and send them to you (probably slightly beating
what you're finding in Lafayette...)

check the Photo Magazines for a New York supplier!  the tiny-print ads in the
back...  (or Video Mags)

i'm sure i can get them for $5. in lots of 20 locally -- again, from a
retail store.
you could also check thru commercial video studios... they might have
leads to their suppliers.
good luck
--dick
From: foxtail!kravitz@UCSD.EDU (Jody Kravitz)

Price club sells them in 3-packs for $14.99 + 7.25% sales tax.

Jody
From: gp310ad@prism.gatech.edu (ROBERT DUCKWORTH)

My friend B.K. Sha owns a video store and is convinced he can sell you 1000
of the P6-120MPS at $5.40
Will have to be COD though because the margin on these is very small.
His number 404-587-2212
Remind him I sent you.

Bob Duckworth                            -everything you know is wrong-
Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, 30332
uucp: ...!{allegra,amdmhplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gp310ad
Internet: gp310ad@prism.gatech.edu   404-894-3890(o) 874-5051(h) 313-0095(m)
From: hilchy%saturn@sdsu.edu (Bob Hilchey)

We just purchased 100 for $5.25 each. If you need the phone # or
address of the vendor let me know.

Bob Hilchey
From: ssi!cjr@uunet.UU.NET (Cris J. Rhea)

Hey George-

Last I paid was 4.97 in lot of 100.  I'm surprized- you folks in ECN can
scrounge better than that!

Call Big Apple Computer in NY- 800-221-3191 and open a commercial account.
(Ask for Scott- tell him Cris at SSI sent you .....)

[I called and got a quote of $4.84 for qty 2000 --Geo. Goble]

Cristopher J. Rhea
Senior Engineer
Supercomputer Systems, Incorporated
..uunet!ssi!cjr
ssi!cjr@uunet.uu.net

BSCEE grad of Purdue '84.
From: jwh%db1@ncube.com (Jerry Horton)

The best price (for 50) that I have seen was $4.87.  That was
from here in Portland.  Try Tom at The Moore Company.
                                   333 SE Second
                                   Portland, OR 97206
                                   503-234-5000

PS-For a thousand, you might get a better price (;-).

Jerry Horton
SysAdm
nCUBE
Beaverton, OR. 97006                         jwh@ncube.com