[comp.periphs] info wanted on 'old' diskdrive

wilko@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (W.C. Bulte) (06/24/91)

I recently got hold of a diskdrive:

	Amcodyne Model 7110

A controllerboard for a DEC PDP Qbus is included. The drive seems to have
2 platters, 1 removable and 1 fixed. Formfactor is something like 8", capacity
something like 20Mb/platter

What I would like to know:
  - Actual drive parameters: #of cyl, sect/track, seek time, interface type
                             etc etc
  - What DEC drive does this disk emulate (RSX11M seems to understand it)

Any info is appreciated

_     __________________________________________________________________________
 |   / o / /  _     Wilko Bulte              Domain: wilko@idca.tds.philips.nl
 |/|/ / / /( (_)    System Engineering       uucp  : [mcsun,hp4nl]!philapd!wilko
* Philips Information Systems Nederland  phone: +31 55-432372 fax: +31 55-432103
      "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'" Yoda - The Empire Strikes Back

iw@crosfield.co.uk (ian walker) (06/25/91)

In article <1472@idcapd.idca.tds.philips.nl> wilko@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (W.C. Bulte) writes:
>I recently got hold of a diskdrive:
>
>	Amcodyne Model 7110
>
>A controllerboard for a DEC PDP Qbus is included. The drive seems to have
>2 platters, 1 removable and 1 fixed. Formfactor is something like 8", capacity
>something like 20Mb/platter
>
>What I would like to know:
>  - Actual drive parameters: #of cyl, sect/track, seek time, interface type
>                             etc etc
>  - What DEC drive does this disk emulate (RSX11M seems to understand it)
>
>Any info is appreciated

I haven't seen one of these drives for about 8 years. The company I
worked for at the time bought them from Arrow Computers in Epsom,
Surrey, England. Telephone number is (44) 372 742557. I would suggest
that you call them as they should still have the technical details
(which I can't remember, although I believe the emulation was RL02).
Capacity per platter is 20Mbyte. We found these drives to be very
reliable and a very compact alternative to the RL02, particularly as
it is very easy to back up the fixed platter onto the removable.

Hope the above is useful.

Ian Walker                                 iw@crosfield.co.uk
Crosfield Electronics Ltd               or iw@cel.uucp
Three Cherry Trees Lane
Hemel Hempstead			      Tel: (44) 442 230000
Herts
HP2 7RH