[comp.cog-eng] Skill acquisition articles needed

gt2634a@prism.gatech.EDU (LEE,MARK D) (04/25/91)

Hello,

I am attempting to put together a bibliography, and get some source
articles on the topic of skill acquisition.  I am interested in primarily
cognitive skills, but would also be interested in articles on motors skills
as well.  If you have some favorite articles or books on the subject, I
would greatly appreciate the references.  If there is sufficient interes I
would be happy to post the collected bibliography to the net, or mail it to
interested parties.

Thank You,
Mark D. Lee
--
LEE,MARK D
uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!gt2634a

sfp@mars.ornl.gov (Phil Spelt) (04/26/91)

In article <27288@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt2634a@prism.gatech.EDU (LEE,MARK D) writes:
>I am attempting to put together a bibliography, and get some source
>articles on the topic of skill acquisition.  I am interested in primarily
>cognitive skills, but would also be interested in articles on motors skills
>as well.  If you have some favorite articles or books on the subject, I
>would greatly appreciate the references.  If there is sufficient interes I
>would be happy to post the collected bibliography to the net, or mail it to
>interested parties.

An "oldiie but goodie" is _Cognitive_Skills_and-Their_Acquisition_, edited by
John R. Anderson, of CMU, Published in 1981by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
Also, many Cognitive Psychology books have chapters on cognitive skill
acquisition.  Motor skill acquisition has been covered in the past by such
authors as Jack Adams, of U of Ill, although he has gotten into other fields
since the last time I saw one of his skills books.  Hope this helps.

MIND.  A mysterious form of matter secreted by the brain.  Its chief activity
consists in the endeavor to asscertain its own nature, the futility of the
attempt being due to the fact that it has nothing but itself to know itself
with.   -- Ambrose Bierce

Phil Spelt, Cognitive Systems & Human Factors Group  sfp@epm.ornl.gov
Any opinions expressed or implied are my own, IF I choose to own up to them.