[comp.dcom.modems] Help! Need Racal-Vadic Info...

ccm018@deneb.UUCP (01/29/87)

Help!
   I just bought a used Racal-Vadic Autodial VA212 modem, without the manual.
It works just beautifully, but without a manual I must always dial from the
keypad, since I don't have the software commands for Auto Dial.Does anyone
by any chance have a manual or know where I can get one? Any help you can give
would be greatly appreciated.

	-Doug Cook

Douglas M. Cook			| Address:
--------------------------------|  ..ucbvax!ucdavis!deneb!ccm018
Sophomore, Comp. Sci & Engr.	| Hobbies:
University of California, Davis	|  Dark beer. (Yes, my name is really Gunther)

jeffj@sfsup.UUCP (01/29/87)

>    I just bought a used Racal-Vadic Autodial VA212 modem, without the manual.

I also bought a used R-V modem, less manual.
I called R-V and they wanted $25 for the manual, minimum order $50.
A local distributer had the manual for $10.  No minimum order.
I don't have the name handy, and there are probably many closer to you.

	Jeffrey Jonas
	{ihnp4 | allegra} attunix ! jeffj

unni@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/04/87)

Does anyone out there know what the MMP protocol (motorola or micom modems
do this thing) stands for? Thanx for any info

unni@ucla-cs.edu

devinney@sunybcs.UUCP (02/06/87)

In article <1075@sfsup.UUCP> jeffj@sfsup.UUCP writes:
>>    I just bought a used Racal-Vadic Autodial VA212 modem, without the manual.
>
>I also bought a used R-V modem, less manual.
>I called R-V and they wanted $25 for the manual, minimum order $50.
>A local distributer had the manual for $10.  No minimum order.

I have a VA212LC (manual) modem. When I called Racal-Vadic
in Wakefield, MA (617) 245-8790. They gladly sent me a
manual gratis. Granted, this is probably much shorter than a
manual for the auto-dial. They also have a toll free number
1-800-22v-adic and offices around the US.