[comp.dcom.modems] SYSCOM cable TV to computer modem

afm@psuecla.BITNET (02/11/87)

        Does anyone know where I can get the technical info on the
modem.  The only thing I know is that it runs at 9600 baud.
        The reason I need the info is to write a program so that the
information that comes through the cable system can be continuously
displayed on the monitor instead of being captured in memory.
        SYSCOM is marketed by Xpress Newsnet based in Colorado.

userid:AFM@PSUECL

rbl@nitrex.UUCP (02/15/87)

In article <531@PSUECLA> afm@psuecla.BITNET writes:

>        Does anyone know where I can get the technical info on the
>modem.  The only thing I know is that it runs at 9600 baud.
>        The reason I need the info is to write a program so that the
>information that comes through the cable system can be continuously
>displayed on the monitor instead of being captured in memory.
>        SYSCOM is marketed by Xpress Newsnet based in Colorado.
>
>userid:AFM@PSUECL

DI-SYS, a division of SYSCOM (I believe) is at 100 Arapahoe Road, Suite 1,
Boulder, CO  80302  (303)-449-0442.

Disclaimer:  I own stock in Sattelite Information Systems which appears to
be related to these folks.  This has no relationship to my employer.

Rob Lake
decvax!cwruecmp!nitrex!rbl
(216)-581-5976