[comp.dcom.modems] USRobotics 2400 Courier

CJB8753@TAMVENUS.BITNET.UUCP (02/24/87)

Without getting upset, please inform me of the limitations of the USRobotics
Courier 2400 modem. I heard that it received a poor rating in Byte, but I
did not see the review/comparison. I have never had any problems with mine,
but I don't run mine on a mainframe, either - only a micro. I purchased it
for a good price (at the time) directly from USRobotics through their
sysop price deal. Your tone of voice (text?) makes me extremely courious...

    - Charles Burnett, KB5AXS
      Bitnet: CJB8753@TAMVENUS

P.S. I decided to buy the modem then, because of the price, realizing
     that not too many of them had been field-tested.

jeffp@phred.UUCP (02/26/87)

In article <8702240509.AA28047@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> CJB8753@TAMVENUS.BITNET writes:
>Without getting upset, please inform me of the limitations of the USRobotics
>Courier 2400 modem. I heard that it received a poor rating in Byte, but I

I just got one for use on a Macintosh and I can't say it has limitations.  Was
using a Codex, which gave occational noise @2400.  So far none of that with the
Courier.

{seismo!nike!uw-beaver, ihnp4!allegra!fluke} !tikal!phred!jeffp {Jeff Parke}
Genie  : JEFFP
DELPHI : JEFFPARKE