[comp.dcom.modems] Network Training

bweaver@uwmacc.UUCP (03/23/87)

I would like to send one of my technicians to a training seminar for
installing and troubleshooting ethernet systems.  Has anyone had
experience with any of the groups doing such training?  Does anyone
have experience with the 'Network Troubleshooting' course given by
DEC?  If so, does it cover more than the decnet environment?  Most
of our traffic is TCP/IP.  Are there courses that utilize the
HP Lanalyzer?  If you have had a good or bad experience with ethernet
training I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks!

Bill Weaver

bweaver@unix.macc.wisc.edu
{allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!bweaver

ted@blia.UUCP (03/24/87)

I too am interested in the responses. Please post responses to the newsgroups
(or at least send me copies; see my addresses below).

Thanks

            Ted Marshall
            Britton Lee, Inc.
p-mail:     14600 Winchester Blvd, Los Gatos, Ca 95030
voice:      (408)378-7000
uucp:       ...!ucbvax!mtxinu!blia!ted
ARPA:       mtxinu!blia!ted@Berkeley.EDU
disclaimer: These opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my employer;
            I leave them alone and they leave me alone.

mam@philabs.UUCP (04/07/87)

In article <1274@uwmacc.UUCP> bweaver@uwmacc.UUCP (Uncle Meat) writes:
>I would like to send one of my technicians to a training seminar for
>installing and troubleshooting ethernet systems.  Has anyone had
>experience with any of the groups doing such training?  Does anyone
>have experience with the 'Network Troubleshooting' course given by
>DEC?  If so, does it cover more than the decnet environment?  Most
>of our traffic is TCP/IP.  Are there courses that utilize the
>HP Lanalyzer?  If you have had a good or bad experience with ethernet
>training I would be interested in hearing.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Bill Weaver

I know that SUN offers a networking/installation course in Milipitas.
I have not taken the course but I did take SUN's 3/ hardware maint. course.
The class I was in covered some aspects of ethernet along w/ detailed
hardware concerns.  I would think the networking course would probably
be useful for someone with a basic knowledge of ethernet looking to
pick up a more detailed understanding.  I doubt the course would benefit
a more advanced network person.

   signed-

   Mark Maxwell
(Philip's ethernet ferret)