[comp.dcom.modems] Kermit sliding windows

blarson@castor.usc.edu (Bob Larson) (04/16/87)

In article <KPETERSEN.12294604834.BABYL@SIMTEL20.ARPA> W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARPA (Keith Petersen) writes:
>The old file below may of some help.
>
>--Keith Petersen
>Arpa: W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARPA
[...]
>[Ed. Note - We will try to work out a "sliding window" option for the
>Kermit protocol over the summer.  This should speed things up a bit,
>assuming it can be widely implemented.]

It should be noted that sliding windows are now (an optional) part of the
Kermit protocol.  Unfortunatly, there arn't many implemintations yet.
(See the latest version of the kermit protocol manual.  Available through
the normal kermit chanels and in a printed version from columbia university.
($5 or $10))
--
Bob Larson
Arpa: Blarson@Usc-Eclb.Arpa