[comp.dcom.modems] Looking for MNP Tech. Info

ask@j.cc.purdue.edu (Scott L Ksander) (08/17/87)

I am looking for technical information and specs on MNP error correction
protocol used in many 2400 baud modems.  Anyone have this information or
an address where it can be obtained.

Scott Ksander
Purdue University Computing Center
ask@j.cc.purdue.edu

zaz@gmcrx1.UUCP (08/19/87)

In article <5152@j.cc.purdue.edu> ask@j.cc.purdue.edu (Scott L Ksander) writes:
>I am looking for technical information and specs on MNP error correction
>protocol used in many 2400 baud modems.  Anyone have this information or
>an address where it can be obtained.
>
>Scott Ksander
>Purdue University Computing Center
>ask@j.cc.purdue.edu

We have a license for MNP and all of the documentation we have has
markings all over it claiming that it is a big secret.  However there
is hope as a recent update to our MNP spec from Microcom notified us
that Class 4 has entered the public domain due to their submission to
EIA and CCITT.  If I knew exactly what part Class 4 covers in relation
to all of the other documentation we have I would be willing to send
you info, but since I don't hear is the address of the MNP guru at
Microcom:

	Gregory Pearson
	Microcom, Inc.
	15303 Ventura Blvd.
	Suite 900
	Sherman Oaks, CA
	91403

He should be able to direct you to the appropriate place for info.

--
Todd Koeckeritz, Production Manager, SPEED>S Corporation, Mpls, MN
Voice: (612) 341-0920     EMail: ihnp4!meccts!ems!gmcrx1!zaz