[comp.dcom.modems] Courier HST 9600 modem upgraded to MNP level 5

W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARPA (Keith Petersen) (10/25/87)

U.S. Robotics has upgraded the Courier HST 9600 modem to MNP level 5
which significantly improves thruput.

Owners of older units can upgrade to the new set of four plug-in chips
at no charge.  If you sent in your warranty registration card you
should have received a letter from USR with this offer.  I received my
letter in early July.

If you didn't receive a letter you may already have the newer version.
Here's how to check:

The command:    ATI0
should return:  963

The command:    ATI1
should return:  082     C8    D293

--Keith Petersen
Arpa: W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARPA
Uucp: {bellcore,decwrl,harvard,lll-crg,ucbvax,uw-beaver}!simtel20.arpa!w8sdz
GEnie: W8SDZ
RCP/M Royal Oak: 313-759-6569 - 300, 1200, 2400 (V.22bis) or 9600 (USR HST)

root@sbcs (Root) (10/30/87)

In article <KPETERSEN.12345139510.BABYL@SIMTEL20.ARPA>, W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARPA (Keith Petersen) writes:
> If you didn't receive a letter you may already have the newer version.
> Here's how to check:
>
> The command:    ATI0
> should return:  963

I called USR about the availability of the MNP-5 rom set - their best guess
was users would be given RMA's around the end of next week.  The
representative also said that the 963 roms "do not have MNP level 5",
contrary to Keiths posting.  Level 963 does represent an upgrade to
that the few owners of level 96[0-2] roms would have to pay for though.

					Rick Spanbauer
					SUNY/Stony Brook