[comp.dcom.modems] manufacturer's warranty period?

kkim@uiucdcsb.UUCP (11/17/87)

   i would like to know the manufacturer's warranty period for the
following 2400bps modems.  please e-mail to me.  thanks.

   1.  avatex 2400
   2.  cts 2424adh
   3.  maxim
   4.  practical peripherals
   5.  qubie basic time 2400e

kyongsok kim

dept. of computer science; univ. of illinois at urbana-champaign

arpanet/csnet: kkim@b.cs.uiuc.edu
usenet/uucp  : ... {seismo, pur-ee, ihnp4}!uiucdcs!kkim

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (11/18/87)

In article <167100019@uiucdcsb> kkim@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>    i would like to know the manufacturer's warranty period for the
> following 2400bps modems.  please e-mail to me.  thanks.
> [list of modems deleted]

	Please do not post requests of this type to the net!  The
infomation desired is most readily obtained by calling the manufacturers
and asking them.  This method is not only faster and more accurate, but
saves the entire net the cost of transporting and storing your message.

	Sorry to sound so rude, but I'm fed up with people seeing the net
as an information panacea.  For many types of queries, there are simply
better ways to find the answer.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016

berger@clio.UUCP (11/18/87)

I'm not sure why you think it's more expedient for him to find the numbers
for, and then call, give different manufacturers.  This information will
probably be of interest to others on the net too.

You didn't include it on the list, but NEC offers a 5 year warranty.

			Mike Berger
			Center for Advanced Study
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger

hart@cp1.cp.bell-atl.COM.UUCP (11/19/87)

When, what a narrow mind! If the net isn't for the sharing of info then what is
it for? As a manager who has to justify the use of very valuable computer equip-
ment for this activity, I am confused. I certainly find it easier to prove my
case by showing how a guy near Rantoul, Ill. uses the net to get answers to his
questions than explaining the nonsense that propagate throughout the net. If
you aren't here to share info then you are playing a game on all of us. Remember
that even some of your burning concerns are boring to others. We all share the
cost of keeping this ship afloat, some more than others, so take it easy.