Here is a summary of the responses I received:

From: MATTHEWS <matthews@vax1.acs.udel.edu>

One version of kermit for the PC supposedly supports Tektronix emulation.
I haven't used it, nor do I plan to, I just know that it exists.
To get the files or more info, ftp the files KER:MS*IBT.* from
CU20B.COLUMBIA.EDU.
			John Matthews

From: rlr@astro.as.utexas.edu (Randy Ricklefs)
Subject: Re: Tektronix 4010 or 4025 emulators for PCs

I looked high and low about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago for a 4025 emulator, to
no avail.  The closest I came was that MicroPLot Systems Co. (659-H Park
Meadow Rd., Westerville, Ohio  43081)  has a number of 4027 (color 4025)
commands in PC-Plot-III v 3.61x.  Since they did not implement all the
commands I needed (form fill-out and the like) I did not purchase it.
I have ended up with a 4010 emulator from Diversified Computer Systems
(3775 Iris Ave, Suite 1b, Boulder, CO 80301)  which seems to do a competent job
with vt102/vt220/tek4010 emulation and supports a mouse, color, kermit, and
xmodem.  (Give me a call if you want more info).  There are a whole bunch
more, like Emu-Tek, General Micro Systems, Coefficient Systems Corp., Persoft,
and another whose name escapes me ( and my products file).  I have seen none
of these in action.  Ads for most of these (adn others) can be found in most
of the PC magazines.

There is also a public domain program TEKTERM which does
4010 emulation on a CGA.  I'd personally like to get ahold of kermit with
Tek emulation.

Good luck!

From: ghynes@garfield.mun.edu (Gerard Hynes)

  A number of faculty and staff users here use PC_Plot from MicroPlot
Systems as a PC based 4010 terminal emulator. It requires a Herc. comp
card, Att 6300 ,CGA or EGA card to run. It is very easy to use, well
documented (as software packages go) and fills the bill (read: the
price is right). I don't have their address handy, but if you want
it reply to me and I will dig it up.            Hope this helps,
                                                Gerard Hynes
                                                ghynes@garfield.UUCP
                                                ghynes@mun.BITNET
                                                ghynes@kean.mun.CDNnet

From: cs177fbp%sdcc3@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (I-Teh Hsieh)

Hi,
	You can try to ftp to net1.ucsd.edu and log in as anonymous
with ident as the password.  Go to /info/pc/communication/tek_kermit
and get the files tekkerm.exe and tekkerm.doc.  I believe that it
emulates the 4010/4014 terminals but have never used it.  After you
get it to your account, download it to your pc.  Good luck!
					I-Teh

From: steve@mahendo.jpl.nasa.gov

I don't use a PC so this is second hand.  People around here do use a
program (put out by Microplot) called PCPLOT that emulates a Tektronix
4010 and can capture the plot for later viewing.  In addition, there are
utilities available (maybe extra cost) which will replot the captured
plot on an HP 7475 or 7550 plotter, a printer, a laser printer.  Base
package costs about $100.

		--Steve (steve@mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov)

From: ccoprrd@pyr.gatech.edu (Richard Dervan)

Heather
  I saw your message about a Tek emulator for the ibmpc.  If you would like,
I have copy of Kermit with Tek emulation.  I could send it to you uuencoded
if you like.
       -Richard
Richard Dervan - Office of Computing Services
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!ccoprrd
ARPA: ccoprrd@pyr.ocs.gatech.edu

From: csaron%opal.Berkeley.EDU@violet.berkeley.edu (Aron Roberts)
To: heather@MATH.UCLA.EDU
Subject: Tektronix terminal emulators for the IBM PC

More than you may have wanted to know ... :-)

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

---

   Aron Roberts  Tolman Microcomputer Facility
                 1535 Tolman Hall, University of California
                 Berkeley, CA 94720  (415) 642-2251
                 csaron@opal.Berkeley.EDU   CSARON@UCBCMSA.BITNET
                 (csaron@garnet.Berkeley.EDU after 27 Nov 87)

------------------------------

Date:     Mon, 30 Mar 87 14:28:29 +0200 (Central European Summer Time)
From:     XBR1YD2F%DDATHD21.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Ralf Eberhardt)
Subject:  TEKTRONIX Emulator Summary

Hello,

Two weeks ago I requested info about available Tektronix emulators for
the IBM-PC. BTW: I have no access to any databases where I could get
information on that topic from our EARN-node.

I think it is a good idea to summarize all the answers to the list, since
there seems to have been a lot of interest.

Here is a short summary of all the products about which I got answers:
(Thanks again to all who where so helpful.)

1. VTEK from Scientific Endeavours Corp.
   Route 4, Box 79, KINGSTON, TN 37763
   Phone: (615) 376-4146
   U.S.A

Tek 4010/4014 emulator, runs on PC, XT or AT and can be configured
for various peripherals, among them EGA also. It has VT100 emulation also.
They charge $150 for it. The documentation is simple but not much required.
You will not get true colors with this program, i. e. this is not an
emulation of TEK 41xx terminals.

Original mail from: Reuven Weiss (REUVEN@TAUENG)

2. TGRAF-07, which is a TEK 4107 emulation from
   Grafpoint Inc., San Jose, CA, USA.
   This works on a 256KB EGA or C&T compatibles.
   (no further info)

Original mail from: Reuven Weiss (REUVEN@TAUENG)

3. QKKERMIT available at Queens Univ. (contact VIC@QUCDN)

This is an implementation of KERMIT with VT100 and TEK4010 terminal emulation,
written in Turbo Pascal.

Original mail from: Kevin Lowey
                    BITNET:   LOWEY@SASK   (preferred)
                    UUCP:     ...!inhp4!sask!lowey

4. EM4010 by Diversified Computer Systems

the fastest 4010 emulations and it also emulates VT100.  Other
features include XMODEM, Plotter and printer hardcopy, Logging of
screens, Image capture (stored as a Tektronix instruction stream) and
support for EGA and a few other graphics cards.  The cost to an
educational institution is $69. US in quantities of 10 or more. The
address of DCS may be found in a recent copy od PC WORLD.

Original mail from: Kevin Marinelli (marinell@DAL)
                    Academic Computing Services
                    Halifax, Nova Scotia
                    Canada

5. PerSoft Software in Madison, WI, has a series of VT-100 emulators
(their SmarTerm line) which have vt220* and Tek graphics emulation
They are continually rated #1, they have file xfer, graphics,
keyboard mapping, all round *good* software!

Address: Persoft
        465 Science Drive
        Madison, WI USA
        53711

        +1 608 273-6000

Original mail from: John Plocher (plocher@puff.wisc.edu)

6. a) For the Macintosh:

   VersaTerm and VersaTerm Pro from Abelbeck Software.  The former is
   VT100/Tek 4014 emulator and the latter is a VT100/Tek 4105 emulator.
   "Major" drawbacks: no color, no direct support for plotters.  They
   work, have a remarkable number of useful bells and whistles, and
   take full advantage of the Macintosh interface.  I generally prefer
   PCs to Macs, but these emulators are generally much better than
   anything I've found for PCs.

   Mac240 from White Pine Software.  A VT240 emulator.  I have not
   yet tested it.

   b) For PCs and compatibles:

   EM4010 from Diversified Computer Systems.  A VT100/Tek4010 emulator.
   I have not yet tested this, but NCAR (National Center for
   Atmospheric Research) likes it.

   PC-PLOT from MicroPlot Systems.  A VT100/Tek4010 emulator.  Not
   much flash (no pan, no zoom, no integrated file-transfer protocol),
   but it works well.  It works with many PC-compatibles, monitors,
   printers, and plotters; the manual distinguishes between machines
   that definitely do, definitely do not, and may work (MicroPlot is
   not sure). PC-PLOT is also a partial Tek4027 emulator; I've
   set up DISSPLA and TELL-A-GRAF to avoid hardware fill, and they
   work well with PC-PLOT in 4027 mode.  I suspect SASGRAPH can be set
   up similarly.

   SmarTerm 240 from Persoft. A DEC VT240 emulator.  I don't have
   software that can give this a thorough test, but it passed my
   simple tests.  Supports several printers (including HP LaserJet)
   and HP 74xx plotters.

   TGRAF-05 and TGRAF-07 from Grafpoint.  The former is a Tek 4105
   emulator and the latter is a Tek 4107 emulator.  I had a copy
   of TGRAF-07 for a limited time and did not have software to
   really test it, but it is full of flash.  These are expensive,
   but good.

   ZSTEMpc-VT100 and ZSTEMpc-4014 from KEA Systems, Ltd.  The former
   is a VT100 emulator and the latter is a Tek4014 emulator.  Get
   just the former if you want only VT100 emulation; get both if you
   want 4014 emulation (when used together, they work essentially as
   one program with overlays). KEA claims they have the best VT100
   emulator available; I couldn't do a thorough test, but it does
   seem better than most people will need.  The 4014 emulation is good,
   and has pan and zoom.

Original mail from: Robert Zaret (ZARET@MITVMA)

7. VTERM/4010 is a commercial product.  It can emulate a VT100,
a VT52 and a Tek 4010.  (Actually, I think it may be a
superset of the 4010 such as a 4014 but I am not sure.)  It
also has a "hydrid" mode that switches between VT100 and
Tektronix upon receiving escape sequences which indicate
what output is received.  I have used this hybrid mode
for the most part.  One host I use works so well that
it switches VTERM at all the right times.  If this does
not happen for you, there is a key to press to switch
modes.

You can order VTERM/4010 from the authors.  Their address
is:

        Coefficient Systems Corporation
        611 Broadway
        New York, NY 10012
        USA
        telephone: (212) 777-6707

The cost is about $250 U.S.  They also have terminal
programs that do not include the 4010 portion so be
sure to specify that you want it.  Twice they have
sent me the cheaper version.

Original mail from: Tom Reingold;
                    The Rockefeller University;
                    1230 York Av; NY 10021 <reintom@rockvax)

8. PC PLOT III, from Microplot systems.  It does VT100 emulation as well.
They also have many add ons to produce hard copy
on a variety of plotters & printers.  Although you asked about for an EGA
another advantage is that they support a large variety of different
graphics boards.  If you need more information please feel free to write
me.

Original mail from:

C90562JM@WUVMD.BITNET            J. Philip Miller    (314) 362-3617
                                 Division of Biostatistics - Box 8067
   Room 1108B                    Washington University School of Medicine
   706 S. Euclid                 St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Acknowledge-To: <C90562JM@WUVMD>

Ralf Eberhardt, (ARPA:   xbr1yd2f%ddathd21.bitnet@WISCVM.WISC.EDU)
                (BITNET: xbr1yd2f@ddathd21 )
Technical University Darmstadt,
Computing Center,
Darmstadt, West Germany

------------------------------

----------

Article 6954 of comp.sys.ibm.pc:
From: mroz@hudson.steinmetz (peter a mroz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc
Subject: Reply: Query for VT100/Tektronix 4014 emulators for the PC

This is in response to a recent net request for VT100/Tek 4010/4014
emulations on the IBM PC.

I've been a faithful user of PCPLOT-III ($100) for five years.  They
have just released PCPLOT-IV ($149) and PCPLOT-IV+ ($225), which have
substantial improvements over version III.  The basic package has Tek
4010/VT100/VT640 emulation.  The + package has "partial" 4105
emulation. I have the + version and do NOT recommend it, as you really
need a complete 4105 emulation to do anything worthwhile.  However,
the VT100 and Tektronix 4010/4014 emulations are SUPER.  PCPLOT has
many nice features:

	o file transfer (including XMODEM)
	o graphics or alpha screen dump to almost any printer
	o capture of graphics code for replaying to an HP plotter
	o flawless operation at 9600 baud
	o very nice easy-to-use setup screens
	o script files
	o mouse support for gin modes
	o support for almost any graphics board/computer

Their address and phone are:

	Microplot Systems Co.
	659-H Park Meadow Road
	Westerville, OH 43081
	614-882-4786

My system, by the way, is an IBM AT with a 30 mb hard disk, 1 1.2 meg
floppy, a Quadega+ graphics card (no problems except for uSoft
codeview colors), and a NEC Multisync monitor.

I've tried out several other emulators and can give you some ideas
about them:

TGRAF-05 (tek 4105 for $500) and TGRAF-07 (4107 for $1000) are super
packages if you can afford them.  They have very good Tektronix 410x
terminal emulation, including hardware segments for the 4107.
Tektronix now sells a board/software combo for $2500 that turns your
PC into a Tek 4107.  I think that's too much to pay.  The software in
the Tektronix system turns out to be TGRAF-07.

DON'T BUY SMARTERM-240 - it hung my PC so bad I had to manually reboot
from the maintenance disk.  It "lost" my setup parameters, whatever
they are.  If I had made a mistake in telling the maintenance program
what my system was it would have happily reformatted my 30 mb hard
disk.

General Electric has a company-wide license for EMU-TEK.  I don't like
the company (EMU-TEK) and I don't like their product.  We keep getting
beta releases; we were promised a 4105 emulation a long time ago and
it materialized in the form of another beta copy.  The first beta
release didn't support the EGA.  I can get it for free but I'd rather
use something that's reliable and works!  I haven't used their latest
and greatest so they may have cleaned up their act.

There are some guys here who have Procomm 4010 (I'm not sure about the
name).  The only problem is that it's copy protected, so you have to
insert a diskette to start it up.  Other than that they like it just
fine.

I saw QKKERMIT (PD) advertised on the net a few months ago and pulled
it over using BITNET.  It didn't come with the necessary files to do
the tek 4010 emulation and it seemed to be very specific for Zenith
hardware talking to an IBM mainframe.

Hope this helps!
Peter Mroz
General Electric			| ARPA: mroz@ge-crd.arpa
Corporate Research and Development	| UUCP: mroz@moose.steinmetz.ge.com
PO Box 8, 37-2001
Schenectady, NY 12301	       Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?
518-387-6021		       Hmmmmm . . . no fooling.

from:  Don Simoneaux

There is a company in New York called Coefficient Systems Corp. which makes
a program called VTERM 4010.  It has the nice feature of providing Tek 4010,
VT100, VT 52, and combined VT 100/4010 emulations.  I have a Beta test
version (Version 2.0, Beta Version 1.2) that I got from them in the Spring
of 1986.  I do not have extensive experience with it, but it does seem to
work quite well.  I have used it to emulate a 4010 connected to a mainframe
running a graphics program.  The screens came up just like on a real 4010
and I could capture them and output to a dot matrix printer and a plotter.
Let me know if you need additional info.

---
	Don Simoneaux		Phone:  (214) 964-1859
	3605 Interlaken Dr.
	Plano, TX 75075		USENET:  ...ihnp4!killer!dons

From: mnetor!spectrix!clewis@uunet.uu.net

There's a package called "TGRAPH" manufactured somewhere in California.
Sorry I don't remember the name of the company.  You should be able to find
them in UNIXWorld - it was an advert there that I saw.  We ran their demo
version under DOS.  Not bad stuff.  Kinda expensive tho - $900-1700

Chris Lewis, Spectrix Microsystems Inc,
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo, lsuc}!spectrix!clewis
[Also: lsuc!clewis in a pinch]
Phone: (416)-474-1955
---

From: Robert Joseph Hammen <hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu>

PerSoft in Madison, WI makes one of the better Tektronix emulators for the
PC. I evaluated it once, and, though it worked OK, it lost out to Macintoshes
and a term program for them called VersaTerm PRO. Persoft makes a lot of PC
products, but if you can't find their ads, their number might be (from memory)
608/271-1000.

Robert Hammen	Computer Applications, Inc.	hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
Delphi: HAMMEN		GEnie: R.Hammen		CI$: 70701,2104