[comp.dcom.modems] Where can U.S. modems be used outside U.S?

BEC.SHAPIN@ECLA.USC.EDU (Ted Shapin) (11/18/87)

We are interested in dial-up communications with a number of
locations outside the U.S.

Do you know if Hayes compatible modems can legally be used
to dial directly to the U.S. from any of these countries,
or if not, what types of modems can be used
to communicate over dial-up either to the U.S. or
to local international carriers?

Carolina, Puerto Rico
Mexico City, Mexico
High Wycombe, England
Galaway, Ireland
Glenrothes, Scotland
Paris, France
Birkerod, Denmark
Mijdrecht, Holland
Oslo, Norway
Munich, Germany
Stockholm, Sweden
Vienna, Austria
Milan, Italy
Geneva, Switzerland
Madrid, Spain
Johannesburg, S. Africa
Singapore
Taiwan
Hong Kong
Tokyo, Japan
Sydney, Australia
-------

mejia@cbnea.UUCP (12/01/87)

In article <12351629519.17.BEC.SHAPIN@ECLA.USC.EDU> BEC.SHAPIN@ECLA.USC.EDU (Ted Shapin) writes:
>We are interested in dial-up communications with a number of
>locations outside the U.S.
>
>Do you know if Hayes compatible modems can legally be used
I do not Know about the legality of it,  but I have tested
(and works fine) an US-ROBOTICS (hayes compatible) modem in
dial-up communication with the U.S. from   Quito,Ecuador.

(!! remember, I only tested !!)
                                    Galo.
E-mail : ihnp4!laidbak!mejia
Ph : (614) 864-3418.
(:-) My employer is not responsible for my experiences.