[comp.dcom.modems] Status of Telecom & Info-Terms

WMartin@SIMTEL20.ARPA (William G. Martin) (01/22/88)

There hasn't been any traffic on either the Telecom or the Info-Terms
mailing lists for some time now, based on what I've seen come into this
machine (Simtel20) or another MILNET host. Is anyone on Info-Modems aware
of anything about either of these lists that would be a reason for
their silence, or are they actually still in operation but just not
reaching here for some unknown reason?

Info-Terms appeared to go silent quite a while back, while Telecom
disappeared after Christmas (the last Telecom Digest received was #27,
dated 24 Dec 87). I'm hoping this query might work the way a similar one
did some months back -- as soon as I sent it out, an inactive Telecom
list suddenly sprang to life again! I'm willing to pay the embarassment
of asking the dumb question if it will get the data flowing again!

Regards, Will Martin  "wmartin@almsa-1.arpa"
-------

chip@killer.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) (01/27/88)

In the referenced article WMartin@SIMTEL20.ARPA (William G. Martin) writes:
>There hasn't been any traffic on either the Telecom or the Info-Terms
>mailing lists for some time now...
>Is anyone on Info-Modems aware of anything about either of these lists...

All I know is that I've twice submitted messages to comp.dcom.telecom,
and both times they ended up in a black hole.  Is there a news feed
problem here, or has the telecom group really disappeared?  (I'd really
like to see this group going.)
--
Chip Rosenthal         chip@vector.UUCP		| But if you want to sing the
Dallas Semiconductor     (214) 450-0400		|  blues, then boy you better