[comp.dcom.modems] Wanted PD Prg - VT100 emul + 132 columns

johng@islenet.UUCP (John Gwaltney) (02/26/88)

Does anyone know of a Public Domain communication program that has VT100
terminal emulation and will display 132 columns?  I am using Procomm which
has Vt100 but doesn't support 132 cols.  This is to access our DEC minis
at work.

Thanks in Advance.

John Gwaltney 		{ihnp4,dual,vortex}islenet!johng
Islenet, Honolulu, HI	(808)735-4611

lowey@sask.UUCP (Kevin Lowey) (02/29/88)

In article <3887@islenet.UUCP>, johng@islenet.UUCP (John Gwaltney) writes:
> Does anyone know of a Public Domain communication program that has VT100
> terminal emulation and will display 132 columns?

The latest version of Kermit from columbia University provides 132 column
support on cards which support it, such as the EGA card.  It also provides
VT102 emulation, DEC printer escape sequences for attached printers, and
TEK4014 terminal emulation.

It was posted recently in COMP.BINARY.IBM.PC (I think).  You can also
get it from the BITNET file server KERMSRV@CUVMA.

| Kevin Lowey                    |The above is the personal opinion of Kevin |
| University of Saskatchewan     |Lowey.  It does not reflect the position of|
| Computing Services             |the University of Saskatchewan in any way. |
| SaskTel: (306) 966-4826        |                                           |
| Bitnet:LOWEY@SASK. (preferred) |I am in no way affiliated with any of the  |
| UUCP:    ihnp4!sask!lowey.uucp |above mentioned companies other than U of S|
|________________________________|___________________________________________|

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (03/04/88)

In article <3887@islenet.UUCP> johng@islenet.UUCP (John Gwaltney) writes:
:Does anyone know of a Public Domain communication program that has VT100
:terminal emulation and will display 132 columns?  I am using Procomm which
:has Vt100 but doesn't support 132 cols.  This is to access our DEC minis
:at work.

I don't know of any PD comm programs that support 132 columns, but the
shareware ZCOMM supports 132 columns when used with a display board
that supports 132 columns.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla BBS: 621-3746   CIS: 70007,2304    Genie: CAF