[comp.dcom.modems] Help with Microcom modems

steve@dcdwest.UUCP (Steve Meloche) (03/18/88)

Lenny Tropiano  (lenny@icus.UUCP) writes:

> Has anyone ever configured the Microcom SX/2400 modem? . . .
>   . . . etc. . . .
> Any information would help!   I think the Microcom SX/1200 is similar...

    I am still hoping to find someone out there who can give me programming
information and dip switch settings for my Microcom PCS-1200 modem.  I imagine
that the command sets would be similar for the two modems, but I am not sure.

    When my previous query got no replies, I decided to play around with the
dip switches on the back of the modem.  I could only figure out one of the 8
switches, which upped the RS232 port baud rate to 2400 (but the modem is still
only 1200 baud).  When I was changing the switches I did something to the
modem which wasn't fixed by putting the switches back (or even unplugging it).
Now it no longer traps on control characters during a connection, OR ANYTHING
ELSE.  It is nice being able to use kermit and xmodem without crashing, but I
find this behavior to be very wierd at best.  I like it better the way it
works now, but I would like to know *why* it's doing this! If nobody out there
can give me some hints pretty soon I might even get desperate enough to call
the factory!!!  (Horrors! :-) )  Please help us!

  TIA (thanks in advance), Steven Meloche - * Hayes compatible? What's that? *
    _____ _____ _____
      |   ` | ' ` | '      ITT Defense Communications Division
      |     |     |        San Diego, CA
    __|__   |     |        steve!dcdwest!ucsdhub!...

berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu (03/20/88)

It sounds like one of the switches disconnects the battery and re-
initializes the memory.  But that's just a guess.

			Mike Berger
			Department of Statistics
			Science, Technology, and Society
			University of Illinois

			berger@clio.las.uiuc.edu
			{ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!berger