[comp.dcom.modems] Any Comment Peter?

From BIX:
==========
unix/att_derived #2019, from greenber, 952 chars, Sat Apr  2 09:12:54 1988
Comment(s).
----------
TITLE: Trailblazer problems

A customer has a 3B2 and an MS-DOS machne running my RamNet code.
The following weird things are happening:

Transfers which involve the TB+ and the TB are unrealiable when data
is transmitted via UUCP (with spoofing turned on) in the TB+-->TB
direction.  When the TB of the TB+ are connected to a non-TB modem
at 2400, the xfer hiccups a coupla times, but then proceeds to work
at a rather slow speed -- effectively about 300 baud.

When the TB+ is connected to a 1200 baud modem, it flys at 1200 baud,
but after a few hiccups.  When the TB is connected to the 1200 baud
modem, it flys without the hiccups.

Now, the custumer isn;t the swifest guy in the world and can't seem
to nail it down reliably.  What the heck should the register settings
be for a TB, and the TB+ for getting optimal UUCP throughput.  I
have windows currently set to 1, and I believe that the TB's are
actually translating that to a 3.  ANy ideas?
--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr

honey@umix.cc.umich.edu (Peter Honeyman) (04/03/88)

George Robbins writes:
>A customer has a 3B2 and an MS-DOS machne running my RamNet code.

"my RamNet code"?  is this uucp?

>I have windows currently set to 1, and I believe that the TB's are
>actually translating that to a 3.

the tb knocks down anything higher than three, but does not elevate
lower windows.

	peter