[comp.dcom.modems] Codex <=> Trailblazer

darrell@urbsdc.UUCP (05/18/88)

We have several Codex 2260 modems one of which we use as a dialout.  I
would like to use the Codex to talk to a Trailblazer at one of our
neighbors but can't get them to handshake.  The Trailblazer answers and
begins the handshake but the two modems won't agree upon a baud rate or
protocol.

Is there any way I can configure my Codex to talk to the Trailblazer?

Thanks in advance.

---
Darrell McIntosh
Gould CSD, Urbana Software Development Center
1101 E. University Ave, Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 384-8500
Internet: darrell@xenurus.Urbana.Gould.COM
Usenet:   {ihnp4,uunet}!uiucuxc!urbsdc!darrell

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu.UUCP (05/19/88)

Re: Codex to TrailBlazer

I'm afraid you're out of luck.  TrailBlazer's use a proprietary Packet
Ensemble Protocol which is incompatible with the Trellis coding used on
the Codex.

Paul Pomes
Univ of Illinois, CSO

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) (05/27/88)

In article <30400001@urbsdc> darrell@urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM writes:

>We have several Codex 2260 modems one of which we use as a dialout.  I
>would like to use the Codex to talk to a Trailblazer at one of our
>neighbors but can't get them to handshake.  The Trailblazer answers and
>begins the handshake but the two modems won't agree upon a baud rate or
>protocol.

eh?

do what?

The Codex 2260 is a V.32 modem.  Trailblazer's don't do the V.32 protocol.
How do you expect them to be able to talk to each other?

(i.e. they don't whistle in the same ways)
--
<---- David Herron -- The E-Mail guy                         <david@ms.uky.edu>
<---- SKA: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET