[comp.dcom.modems] BSMTP - Its time has come

lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (06/08/88)

[ This doesn't have anything to do with modems any more. Followups
  are in comp.mail.uucp ]

In article <1787@van-bc.UUCP> sl@wimsey.bc.ca (10 Stuart Lynne) writes:
>Something else which could (should) be done is to get BSMTP implemented at
>UUNET.

>This would reduce costs *MORE* than spending money on faster drives. (Of
>course money would have to be spent to pay someone at UUNET to implement
>this, I'm sure they don't work there just for the fun of it, but I think
>this would provide more bang for the buck!)

I have the bsmtp code sitting here. If Rick's willing to install
it then so am I. Do I hear Stuart volunteering to teach smail
how to grok the bsmtp mailer?

--
{alberta,utzoo,uunet}!ncc!lyndon  lyndon@Nexus.CA