[comp.dcom.modems] packard-bell 2400's and uucp

aad@stpstn.UUCP (Anthony A. Datri) (07/06/88)

I've had good experience with a packard-bell 2400 baud modem and PDMF; can
anyone relate experiences with them and uucp? (SunOS 4.0)

Danke.
--
@disclaimer(Any concepts or opinions above are entirely mine, not those of my
	    employer, my GIGI, or my 11/34)

lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (07/07/88)

In article <1835@stpstn.UUCP> aad@stpstn.UUCP (Anthony A. Datri) writes:

>I've had good experience with a packard-bell 2400 baud modem and PDMF; can
>anyone relate experiences with them and uucp? (SunOS 4.0)

We used to use these for UUCP connections between a bunch of Convergent
systems. Unless we got stuck with a bad batch, I would say they are
quite unreliable. We had to exchange two of three within the first
two weeks. There we're other problems with how the modem handled DTR,
DSR, and CD.

We did discuss some of these shortcomings with Packard Bell technical
people. They did seem interested in getting things straightened out.
If the modem works for you now with PMDF, there's no reason why it
shouldn't perform well with UUCP.
--
{alberta,pyramid,uunet}!ncc!lyndon  lyndon@Nexus.CA