[comp.dcom.modems] Need Help with a 9600 baud Telcor modem

heman@ihdev.ATT.COM (T. Chirichigno) (07/07/88)

My group has just purchased a pair of 9600 baud
Telcor Accelerator modems. Just using them locally,
it took minutes to get a terminal successuly logged into a
3B2 with UNIX V Release 3 running. What we really need,
though, is a host-to-host connection. So here it comes:

Does anybody out there have a working chat script/Dialers
file for one of these modems?

If so, please send it to me. I will really appreciate it!

Tom Chirichigno
...!ihnp4!ihdev!heman	312/510-4806

casey@admin.cognet.ucla.edu (Casey Leedom) (07/09/88)

In article <652@ihdev.ATT.COM> heman@ihdev.ATT.COM (T. Chirichigno) writes:
> My group has just purchased a pair of 9600 baud Telcor Accelerator
> modems. [to be used for UUCP]

Tom,
  When you get this working I'd be interested in hearing what kind of
performance you get.  The BYTE article I summarized to this group a few
weeks ago gave truly astonishing figures (and possibly unbelievable).

  As for how to configure the beast, I'd start by locking the interface
speed at 19200, setting the modems to use ``RS232'' DSR/CTS style flow
control, and then using expect/send sequences to talk with the modem.
Or, if your UUCP supports some form of ``modemcap'' style ability to
describe modems you should go with that instead of expect/send
sequences.  Note that your UUCP may not be able to cope with 19200, so
you may have to start off with 9600.

  Sorry all I can offer is general advice.  By the way, how much did you
end up paying for the Telcors, who did you get them from, and how has
Telcor been to deal with?

Casey