[comp.dcom.modems] Modem Recommendation ?

john@ntvax.UUCP (07/19/88)

I am interested in buying a 2400 baud modem and I have a very limited
budget. If anyone has experience (good or bad) with the following modems
please drop me a note. Any other comments or recommendations are
appreciated. The modems are:

Incomm 2400 external (upgradeable)
Incomm 2400 Turbo
Incomm 3400 internal

Packard Bell 2400 external or internal

Practical Peripherals 2400 Ext.

Prometheus Promodem 2400 ext

US robotics sportster 2400

Ventel 2400 Plus

Thank you
john

convex!ntvax!john

finton@ai.cs.wisc.edu (David Finton) (07/21/88)

In article <27800002@ntvax> john@ntvax.UUCP writes:

>I am interested in buying a 2400 baud modem and I have a very limited
>budget. If anyone has experience (good or bad) with the following modems

Me too!

But I'm interested mainly in Avatex, Zuckerboard, and USRobotics.
The Avatex and Zuckerboard have status lights -- is that important?
Has anyone had bad experiences with these?

                        David Finton