[comp.dcom.modems] !!! HELP !!! Problem with UNIX cu

jfh@rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) (08/07/88)

the cu(1) we have tries to open the port before the dialer is called.  cu
doesn't open the port O_NDELAY, so cu hangs and never gets to call the
dialer, which would have opened the port correctly and returned with DCD
asserted, which would have allowed cu to do anything it wanted.

having typed all that ... does anyone have a clone of cu?
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with

stacy@mcl.UUCP (Stacy L. Millions) (08/16/88)

In article <5089@rpp386.UUCP>, jfh@rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) writes:
> having typed all that ... does anyone have a clone of cu?

I found one that seems to work reasonable well after I hacked at it
for a while (I just can't leave anything alone :-). If memory serves
I got it off of Sandy Zelkoviz's BBS at 1(714)898-8634.

-stacy

--
"He to whom the early bird runs best learns wisdom and patience!
                          ... I can never remember proverbs" - Charlie Brown

jfh@rpp386.UUCP (The Beach Bum) (08/18/88)

In article <556@mcl.UUCP> stacy@mcl.UUCP (Stacy L. Millions) writes:
>In article <5089@rpp386.UUCP>, jfh@rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>> having typed all that ... does anyone have a clone of cu?
>
>I found one that seems to work reasonable well after I hacked at it
>for a while (I just can't leave anything alone :-). If memory serves
>I got it off of Sandy Zelkoviz's BBS at 1(714)898-8634.

i now have a cu clone which three different people sent.  it works
perfectly with the dial(3) package i have written.  what i want to
know now is, who wrote the sucker and what are the copyright terms.

i think it is the same version as is available on sandy's bbs.  the
internal documentation mentions having been hacked on by sandy, but
doesn't list the original author or what the copyright terms are.

i want to include it in the dial() posting i am about to make but
don't want to get in trouble with at&t again this year ...