[comp.dcom.modems] MNP specification and sources

trevor@trevan.UUCP (trevor) (10/13/88)

I understand the first four levels of MNP are in the public domain. Please
could anyone tell me where I can get these from. I have heared that some
USA bulletin boards have both the specs and sources.

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (10/17/88)

In article <180@trevan.UUCP> trevor@trevan.UUCP (trevor) writes:
>I understand the first four levels of MNP are in the public domain. Please
>could anyone tell me where I can get these from. I have heared that some
>USA bulletin boards have both the specs and sources.

The following is the header and 1st 2 paragraphs of fairly recent posting.
The file is 15k long.  I can mail it, or you can drop Keith a note, or if there
is lots'n'lots of requests, I can repost it.

	------------
	Ben Liberman

	magik@chinet.uucp
	magik@chinet.chi.il.us

From: W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL (Keith Petersen)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
Subject: MNP classes 1 through 9 defined
Date: 22 Sep 88 19:42:00 GMT
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

The following is from a file, MNP-9.ARC, recently uploaded to my BBS.
It explains MNP protocols 1 through 9.  I am not the author.  The
information came from Microcom catalogs and was typed in by the person
whose name appears at the end of the file.  This information is
supplied "as-is" and does not imply endorsement of any product.

--Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the CP/M and MSDOS archives at SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.0.0.74]
Arpa: W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!simtel20.army.mil!w8sdz
GEnie: W8SDZ
RCP/M Royal Oak: 313-759-6569 - 300, 1200, 2400 (V.22bis) or 9600 (USR HST)

---cut-here---