[comp.dcom.modems] power bars

In article <327@ivucsb.UUCP> steve@ivucsb.UUCP (Steve Lemke <steve>) writes:
>>...after some
>>searching I've concluded that nobody makes a power bar with the outlets
>>spaced far enough apart for even the smallest plug-in bricks.
>
>Actually, I've seen some strips like this - usually they're meant for mounting
>along a workbench or in an equipment rack...

I should have added that I don't want something six feet long -- I want
something with just enough spacing for plug-in bricks, that is, outlets
maybe 2-3 inches apart.
--
The meek can have the Earth;    |    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
the rest of us have other plans.|uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu

msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) (10/21/88)

The alternative that I have used is to buy those little
three-grounded-outlets from one things.  They look like this:

         /----------------------------------------------------\
         |                                                    |
         |   |     |           |      |            |      |   |
         |   |     |           |      |            |      |   |
         |      O                  O                   O      |

Well, you get the idea.  The plug on the back is grounded and is
exactly beneath the center outlet.  This gives you just enough room to
plug two 'bricks' side-by-side in the end outlets, taking up only one
space on the power strip.

Mark
--
Mark Smith (alias Smitty) "Be careful when looking into the distance,
RPO 1604; CN 5063       that you do not miss what is right under your nose."