[comp.dcom.modems] Telebit Trail Blazer Plus vs. the T1000

dalew@casper.UUCP (Dale Weber) (11/25/88)

  Would some one please tell me what the _exact_ difference between these
two modems is? Is the T1000 the model that will or does have V.32
capability as well as all the stuff the TrailBlazer Plus can do? I really
need to know since I an almost ready to purchase a Telebit modem for my
system and would very much like to have the PEP as well as V.32
capability. Thanks in advance!

--
UUCP: ..!{tektronix, sun!nosun}!percival!casper!dalew
      ..!tektronix!{ogccse, psu-cs, reed}!qiclab!casper!dalew

evan@telly.UUCP (Evan Leibovitch) (11/26/88)

In article <164.238C6B7A@casper.UUCP>, dalew@casper.UUCP (Dale Weber) writes:

>   Would some one please tell me what the _exact_ difference between these
> two modems is?

Trailblazer Plus = (T1000 + Compression + 19.2Kbaud capability + ~$400)
--
Evan Leibovitch, SA of System Telly                   "I am most concerned that
Located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario, Canada          nobody will remember me

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (11/29/88)

In article <164.238C6B7A@casper.UUCP>, dalew@casper.UUCP (Dale Weber) writes:

>   Would some one please tell me what the _exact_ difference between these
> two modems is? Is the T1000 the model that will or does have V.32
> capability as well as all the stuff the TrailBlazer Plus can do? I really
> need to know since I an almost ready to purchase a Telebit modem for my
> system and would very much like to have the PEP as well as V.32
> capability. Thanks in advance!

The difference is that the T1000 goes up to 9600 baud.  The Trailblazer Plus
goes up to 19200 baud.  Also, the Trailblazer Plus has the capability to be
expanded in the future via a rom upgrade.  Finally, the T1000 has MNP level 4,
the Trailblazer Plus has MNP level 3.

Jonathan Bayer
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (12/08/88)

In article <293@ispi.UUCP> jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:

>The difference is that the T1000 goes up to 9600 baud.  The Trailblazer Plus
>goes up to 19200 baud.  Also, the Trailblazer Plus has the capability to be
>expanded in the future via a rom upgrade.  Finally, the T1000 has MNP level 4,
>the Trailblazer Plus has MNP level 3.

Here in Europe (where we, of course, don't have the T1000 available yet,
at least not in the Netherlands) rumours are going that the T1000 does
*not* have the V22/V22.bis compatibility. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Are there experiences with the T1000 for interactive use?
And are there figures about UUCP xferrates?

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######