[comp.dcom.modems] Slow Trailblazer performance over Satellite link

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (02/17/89)

	We're running a Trailblazer link to Mexico, which goes through a
satellite link (you can hear the delay and echo).  We're only getting about
750 bps through the link.  We suspect that that long delay because of the
sat link might be part of the problem.  Is there anything we can try to
tune the blazer to deal better with sat link delays?
--
Roy Smith, System Administrator
Public Health Research Institute

noel@uBBS-NH.MV.COM (Noel Del More) (02/24/89)

In article <3686@phri.UUCP> roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) writes:

>	We're running a Trailblazer link to Mexico, which goes through a
>satellite link (you can hear the delay and echo).  We're only getting about
>750 bps through the link.  We suspect that that long delay because of the
>sat link might be part of the problem.  Is there anything we can try to
>tune the blazer to deal better with sat link delays?

May I suggest you try the Sealink protocol.  If I remember corrrectly
this protocol was written expressly to overcome the propagation delays
incountered in satelite links etc.

A unix/xenix version is available.  It can be found on the alphacm system
in either the unix or unix2 file section.  The telephone number is 1 714
898-8634.

Noel

--
Noel B. Del More             |              {decvax|harvard}!zinn!ubbs-nh!noel
17 Meredith Drive            |