[comp.dcom.modems] US Robotics 2400 External Modem Information Wanted

bkbarret@sactoh0.UUCP (Brent K. Barrett) (02/22/89)

 I'm looking for ANY information on a US Robotics 2400 external
modem. This is *NOT* the Courier model.

 I may be buying a new one, and would like to know if there are any
compatibility problems with the "majority" of systems out there, or
any hardware bugs in the beast itself.

 Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

 PLEASE reply via E-mail. I rarely get a chance to read most of
these newsgroups and will not be able to see replies left here.

 Thank you.

--
 "Somebody help me! I'm trapped in this computer!"

 Brent Barrett ..pacbell!sactoh0!bkbarret GEMAIL: B.K.BARRETT

kosakow@canisius.UUCP (Michael Kosakowski) (03/01/89)

In article <705@sactoh0.UUCP>, bkbarret@sactoh0.UUCP (Brent K. Barrett) writes:
>  I'm looking for ANY information on a US Robotics 2400 external
>  I may be buying a new one, and would like to know if there are any
> compatibility problems with the "majority" of systems out there, or
> any hardware bugs in the beast itself.
>  Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

I have purchase a US robotics 2400 Internal and have been (to say the least)
VERY displeased with the attitude of the telephone support personnel.
(not a single incident... I would not flame someone lightly) The modem
still is not working 100% but I have given up asking them for help.
It seems to me that A company that advertises Heavily  that they have 'free'
user help (for someone like me who needs the product, but knows nothing about
modems) would ensure quality people were handling it. A lot of user trust
is necessary when purchasing ANY hardware/software product...As a new pc
user I am shocked at how often this type of thing is occurring.