[comp.dcom.modems] Hacking the Trailblazer

john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) (04/02/89)

In article <564@ispi.UUCP> jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>In article <729@impch.UUCP> patg@impch.UUCP (Patrick Guelat) writes:
>>
>>I think there is an undocumented register in v4.0 of the firmware ...
>>Perhaps telebit can answer this and tell us if there are other
>>undocumented registers.
>
>[ description of undocumented S120 ]

I had a problem with my TB+ making an MNP connection to CompuServe at 2400
bps.  Telebit told me to set the undocumented S39 register to 3 in order to
disable MNP Class 4 features.  This worked fine, and I can now connect to
CompuServe with MNP Class 3.  After hearing about S120 and S36 on the net,
and S39 from Telebit, I decide to play around with my Trailblazer a bit.  I
found a couple more undocumented features.  ATJ6 enables debug mode, required
to modify undocumented debug registers and to issue other J commands.  J4
displays the elapsed time of the current connection.  J5 puts you into an
interactive debugger of some sort.  Within the debugger, "M" lets you modify
addresses (I think), "N" prints dots until you turn the modem off, and "T"
exits the debugger.  J0 prints out some information of meaning unknown to me.
J1 prints out "099".  J2, J3, and J7 return "OK", but I don't know what they
do.

Has anyone else discovered any interesting "undocumented" features in the
Trailblazer?
--
John Temples - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!rtmvax!bilver!jwt!john

doug@letni.LawNet.Com (Doug Davis) (04/06/89)

In article <131@jwt.UUCP> john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>In article <564@ispi.UUCP> jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>>In article <729@impch.UUCP> patg@impch.UUCP (Patrick Guelat) writes:

....About several undocumented TB+ features...

This sounds like fun, has anyone started collecting all the undocumented
features posted here?  Also is there enough interest in someone (myself?)
starting a mail server that can collect undocumented TB commands, collate
them and post a montly "additional commands for your TB" article?

If there is enough interest, I would be glad to provide such a service,
maybe even telebit could contribute ;-)

doug
--
Doug Davis