[comp.dcom.modems] Where can I find information on ...datacom protocols

macy@fmsystm.UUCP (Macy Hallock) (07/20/89)

In article <17.UUL1.3#5109@pantor.UUCP> richard@pantor.UUCP (Richard Sargent) writes:

>I am looking for information regarding the various telecommunication protocols
>in common use, such as X/Y-Modem, Z-Modem, J-Modem, and so on.

I am posting a reply to this because this information may be of general use
(it sure was for me)

There is a excellent article summarizing several different communications
protocols in common use, including the ones memtioned above and a few more
including UUCP in the July-August 1989 issue of "Programmer's Journal"
This issue may still be on the newstands.

Chuck Fosberg has posted a general use program, with sources, I believe,
in the past.  I think is was DSZ or RZRB.  (Chuck is to commended for his
contributions in this area.)

            Macy Hallock                 fmsystm!macy@NCoast.ORG
           F M Systems, Inc.             hal!ncoast!fmsystm!macy
           150 Highland Dr.              uunet!aablue!fmsystm!macy
           Medina, OH 44256              Voice: 216-723-3000 X251
 Disclaimer:  My advice is worth what you paid for it. Your milage may vary.