[comp.dcom.modems] Telebit reduces price on T2500.

root@conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) (07/14/89)

It is my understanding that Telebit has reduced the list price on their
T2500 V.32 capable modem from $1695 to $1495.  If you were planning
a purchase at the old price level, be sure to renegociate a lower one.
The dealer's price is >$1000 now.

Wouldn't it be nice if Telebit would make UUCP sites a two for the
price of one deal on the T2500 like they did with the T2000?

Larry Dighera

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)

richard@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Richard Foulk) (07/22/89)

}
} Wouldn't it be nice if Telebit would make UUCP sites a two for the
} price of one deal on the T2500 like they did with the T2000?
}

They have.  If you have a registered domain-style address for your
site they'll sell you a pair of T2500's for $895 a piece.

clyde@hitech.ht.oz (Clyde Smith-Stubbs) (07/25/89)

From article <4393@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, by richard@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Richard Foulk):
> In article <32976@conexch.UUCP> root@conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) writes:
> } Wouldn't it be nice if Telebit would make UUCP sites a two for the
> } price of one deal on the T2500 like they did with the T2000?
> }
>
> They have.  If you have a registered domain-style address for your
> site they'll sell you a pair of T2500's for $895 a piece.

Does anyone know whether Telebit modems sold in USA will work in Australia?
The local Telebit reseller, Netcomm, won't say; all they will tell you is
that the US modem is not approved by Telecom Australia. However for the
privilege of Australian approval and a 240V power supply a T2000 equivalent
sells for over AUS$2000 - and that is not the retail price. They do not
offer any special deals to uucp sites.

Second question; I infer from some messages posted here that the T2500 does
both PEP and V.32. Is this correct?

news@m2xenix.UUCP (news aka randy) (07/30/89)

In article <283@hitech.ht.oz> clyde@hitech.ht.oz (Clyde Smith-Stubbs) writes:

>Does anyone know whether Telebit modems sold in USA will work in Australia?

The T2500 will.  It even supports V.23, though I can't imagine why <grin>.
You will have to sort out the mains supply, of course.  We use 110v over here.
What with now being the world's largest debtor nation, we have to scrimp and
save.

>Second question; I infer from some messages posted here that the T2500 does
>both PEP and V.32. Is this correct?

This is quite correct.

And, FYI, I get 600-800 CPS from the US West Coast to Sydney and Hong Kong.

--
uunet!tektronix ----\
sun!nosun --------- qiclab ---- m2xenix!news    or    news@m2xenix.uucp

dandrews@rtmvax.UUCP (David Andrews) (08/05/89)

From article <283@hitech.ht.oz>, by clyde@hitech.ht.oz (Clyde Smith-Stubbs):
> Second question; I infer from some messages posted here that the T2500 does
> both PEP and V.32. Is this correct?

The V.32 support is in beta test now and will be shipped in September
(probably).  There are other protocols that the glossies say are
supported but which aren't yet.  They sorta preannounced a sizable
portion of the product.

dennis@virtech.UUCP (Dennis P. Bednar) (08/09/89)

In article <3065@rtmvax.UUCP>, dandrews@rtmvax.UUCP (David Andrews) writes:
> From article <283@hitech.ht.oz>, by clyde@hitech.ht.oz (Clyde Smith-Stubbs):
> > Second question; I infer from some messages posted here that the T2500 does
> > both PEP and V.32. Is this correct?
>
> The V.32 support is in beta test now and will be shipped in September

I was under the impression that the T2500 already does V.32.  I say
this because our Telebit T2500 modem (purchased < 2weeks ago) is able
to connect to our Microcom QX/V.32 modem at 9600 baud.

--
Dennis Bednar	uunet!virtech!dennis		(703) 430-9247
Virtual Technologies Inc, P.O. Box 876, Sterling VA, 22170

In article <3065@rtmvax.UUCP> dandrews@rtmvax.UUCP (David Andrews) writes:
> From article <283@hitech.ht.oz>, by clyde@hitech.ht.oz (Clyde Smith-Stubbs):
> > Second question; I infer from some messages posted here that the T2500 does
> > both PEP and V.32. Is this correct?
>
> The V.32 support is in beta test now and will be shipped in September
> (probably).  There are other protocols that the glossies say are
> supported but which aren't yet.  They sorta preannounced a sizable
> portion of the product.

This is not correct - the T2500 does support V.32, the modems I bought
have it, and it seems to work.

What is not complete is "synchronous" support for V.32 and SDLC stuff,
things that are of little utility to the typical unix/PC user.  A card
is included with the modems listing features still to be implemented
and allowing you to register for an upgrade.

You might want to check with Telebit if you have detailed questions in
this regard...