[comp.dcom.modems] racal vadic 3451

mdgoodma@CRDEC4.APGEA.ARMY.MIL (Mack Goodman) (08/10/89)

Could someone explain how this modem works, ie. the commands
and so forth.  Also the auto answer capability?
thanks....
Mack

epsilon@wet.UUCP (Eric P. Scott) (08/12/89)

In article <8908091620.aa23618@crdec4.apgea.army.mil>
	mdgoodma@CRDEC4.APGEA.ARMY.MIL (Mack Goodman) writes:
>Could someone explain how this modem works, ie. the commands
>and so forth.  Also the auto answer capability?

Are these still around?  I last used one about 5 years ago.
There are several different models of 3451; the suffix will
distinguish them.  I'm not sure all have answer capability!
As for autodial, that too is optional.  If you have it,
CTRL/E RETURN will wake it up (gives a * prompt) and I RETURN
puts it back to sleep.  I believe there is built-in help.

Telenet is particularly fond of Racal-Vadic equipment; you might
want to hit them up for some assistance.

					-=EPS=-