[comp.dcom.modems] Re^2: Telebits and uucp g-protocol

mboen@nixpbe.UUCP (Martin Boening) (08/15/89)

ostroff@cboard.UUCP (Boyd Ostroff) writes:

>In article <4980002@hpfcdc.HP.COM> rjn@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bob Niland) writes:

>Forgive the stupid question :-), but *how* does one coerce uucico to use
>'f' or 'e' or 'x' or ANYTHING other than 'g' on a standard dialup line?
>Is this highly machine/version specific?  Do you need to have UUCP source
>code?  I'm running HDB UUCP on an AT&T 3B1, and would like to experiment
>(having ongoing problems with a UUCP link due to buffering in SUNY's IBX
>digital phone system).  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

According to the Devices-file supplied with the AT&T HDB Source:

[lots'n'lots deleted]
########
#
#
# NOTE: blank lines and lines that begin with a <space>, <tab>, or # are
#		ignored.
#	protocols can be specified as a comma-subfield of the device type
#		either in the Devices file (where device type is field 1)
#		or in the Systems file (where it is field 3).

So, to get HDB to use f protocol on ACUs, try
ACU,f ....

or, in Systems

dummysys Any ACU,f

Of course, if your uucico doesn't support f, forget it.

Martin
--
Email: in the   USA ->  ...!uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mboening.pad
       outside  USA ->  {...!mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!mboening.pad