[comp.dcom.modems] Public Access Usenet systems

george_seto@brains.UUCP (George Seto) (07/30/89)

Public Access Usenet systems:

 A friend of mine is looking for Public Access UseNet nodes in the 718
exchange. Can anyone suggest any?
--
   -===------===-    From George Seto at Cerebral Cortex BBS System
  -==-==----==-==-   (902)462-7245 3/12/2400 8N1 24h/7d

amb@cs.columbia.edu (Andrew Boardman) (08/09/89)

In article <4658@brains.UUCP> george_seto%brains@iisat.UUCP writes:
> A friend of mine is looking for Public Access UseNet nodes in the 718
>exchange. Can anyone suggest any?

(Mail wouldn't make it through, and I suppose it's public interest anyway...)
Presumably you meant 718 area code, and 718 is for all effective
purposes (including billing) the same NPA (area code) as 212, so
anyuway, The Big Electric Cat, 212-879-9031 (2400 is you get lucky,
otherwise 1200) a.k.a. dasys1.uucp.  There's an extremely nominal
monthly fee, and their connectivity problems have probably been fixed
for good.  Mail to dasys1!rsweeney@cmcl2.nyu.edu for more info, or
just call.

/a

dt5y@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (08/10/89)

Can anyone post or email a list of ALL known public (ie. open to any
nut with a modem for a fee) usenet access points nation- or continent-
wide?  I'm curious; some other people may be too.

Thanks in advance!

Pete.

N. Peter Fleszar, KB2CCL       dt5y@cornella.cit.cornell.edu

 .

markw@gvlv2.GVL.Unisys.COM (Mark H. Weber) (08/10/89)

In article <19293@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU>, dt5y@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU writes:
> Can anyone post or email a list of ALL known public (ie. open to any
> nut with a modem for a fee) usenet access points nation- or continent-
> wide?  I'm curious; some other people may be too.

    See the NIXPUB listing. The latest version was just posted to
the pubnet.nixpub, comp.misc, and alt.bbs newsgroups. If you can't
get it from one of these groups, send me mail and I will mail you the
list. If there are any sites which are not on this list, send mail to
the NIXPUB coordinator, phile@lngp1.ls.com or ...!uunet!lgnp1!phile.

--
  Mark H. Weber ( markw@GVL.Unisys.COM [128.126.220.102] or
		  ...!psuvax1!burdvax!gvlv2!markw or

onymouse@netcom.UUCP (John DeBert) (08/11/89)

in article <19293@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU>, dt5y@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU says:

> Can anyone post or email a list of ALL known public (ie. open to any
> nut with a modem for a fee) usenet access points nation- or continent-
> wide?  I'm curious; some other people may be too.
>  .

Watch the pubnet.nixpub newsgroup. Such a list is posted regularly.

JJD
onymouse@netcom.UUCP

brutus@cbnewsi.ATT.COM (mark.a.conley) (08/16/89)

In article <4658@brains.UUCP>, george_seto@brains.UUCP (George Seto) writes:
> Public Access Usenet systems:

Please post a list ... esp. in area codes 201, 212, or 609.

Thank You

In article <578@cbnewsi.ATT.COM>, brutus@cbnewsi.ATT.COM (mark.a.conley) writes:
> In article <4658@brains.UUCP>, george_seto@brains.UUCP (George Seto) writes:
> > Public Access Usenet systems:

Oops! ... never mind ... thanks anyway though.