[comp.dcom.modems] Re^2: Trans-atlantic uucp with Telebit modem

jpp@specialix.co.uk (John Pettitt) (09/01/89)

csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:

>I'll second it. We have absolutely dependable TrailBlazer links to Argentina,
>Chile, Italy, and Australia. And I hear of one company in Kuwait using UUCP
>and a TrailBlazer to upload data to their home office in Brussels. But the UK
>is no go.

><csg>

Rubbish, look up slxsys and slxinc,  we use 'blazers to talk to both
sides of the states and lots of europe with no problems.   There is
one `gotcha', that is if you use the so called `international' settings
on the 'blazer (I.E. disable short packets and set gard tones) the
setting only applys to the originating modem.   The remote end still
uses all the packet sizes and short gard tomes.   You have to make
the international settings the default for both ends.

John
--
John Pettitt, Specialix, Giggs Hill Rd, Thames Ditton, Surrey, U.K., KT7 0TR
{backbone}!ukc!slxsys!jpp    jpp%slxinc@uunet.uu.net     jpp@specialix.co.uk