[comp.dcom.modems] various modem questions

billd@fps.com (Bill Davidson) (08/30/89)

We are probably going to purchase one or two Telebit modems very soon
and I have a few questions.  If we get only on then that modem will be
doing mostly uucp for news and mail.  What is better about the 2500
over the Trailblazer?  If I'm only doing uucp is the Trailblazer just
as good as the 2500?

Also I'd like to know what are everyone's favorite external 2400 baud
modems for use with BSD's uucp/tip and kermit and dialin?

Bill Davidson                   ...!ucsd!celerity!billd
System Administrator            billd@fps.com
FPS Computing, San Diego        9692 Via Excelencia San Diego CA 92126
                                (619) 271-9940  Ext. 242

In article <594@celit.com> billd@fps.com (Bill Davidson) writes:
>We are probably going to purchase one or two Telebit modems very soon
>and I have a few questions.  If we get only on then that modem will be
>doing mostly uucp for news and mail.  What is better about the 2500
>over the Trailblazer?  If I'm only doing uucp is the Trailblazer just
>as good as the 2500?

The V.32 stuff the 2500 supports is better for interactive use and for
applications (e.g. SLIP) with highly unpredictable flow patterns.  The
Trailblazer is Just Fine for uucp.
--
V7 /bin/mail source: 554 lines.|     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
1989 X.400 specs: 2200+ pages. | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry@zoo.toronto.edu