[comp.dcom.modems] 2400 & 9600 capability?

jhagen@tybalt.caltech.edu (Jeffrey P. Hagen) (09/21/89)

Does anyone have any information about 9600 baud modems that are
downward compatible to 2400 as well?  Are they common?  If not, could
you offer some specific brand ideas?

Also, there anything having to do with X.22, X.29, or X.32 protocals
that I need to worry about?  Thanks for the info!

                                                    - Jeff

jhagen@tybalt.caltech.edu

scotto@pnet01.cts.com (Scott O'Connell) (09/27/89)

jhagen@tybalt.caltech.edu (Jeffrey P. Hagen) writes:

>Does anyone have any information about 9600 baud modems that are
>downward compatible to 2400 as well?  Are they common?  If not, could
>you offer some specific brand ideas?
>
>Also, there anything having to do with X.22, X.29, or X.32 protocals
>that I need to worry about?  Thanks for the info!
>
>                                                    - Jeff
>

>jhagen@tybalt.caltech.edu

There are a few V.32 modems that are backward compatible to v.22bis,
v.22 Bell 212 etc.  Modems I have personally used are the Telebit T2500
and the Microcom ????.

I settled on the Telebit after some great technical support from them and
the fact that there are a lot of advantages to having PEP capability in
the *nix community.

Scott O'Connell - Datagram Corp.   UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}...
3297 Sweetwater Springs Blvd #8          ...!crash!pnet01!scotto
San Diego, CA 92078-1477           ARPA: crash!pnet01!scotto@nosc.mil
800/235-5030                       INET: scotto@pnet01.cts.com