[comp.dcom.modems] telebit trailblazer plus at 19200

max@lgc.UUCP (Max Heffler @ Landmark Graphics) (09/26/89)

I have been successfully communicating from a Compaq 386/25 running ISC 386/ix
2.0.2 at 9600 with a Telebit Trailblazer Plus.  When I attempt to change my
existing Systems and Devices files for 19200, I can not even get to the dialing
phase.  The modem responds with garbage, implying a baud problem very early
in the modem init. sequence.  Could someone send me an example of Systems and
Devices files that successfully cu and uucp at 19200 on a Telebit.
Thanx in advance...

--
Max Heffler                     uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max
Landmark Graphics Corp.         phone: (713) 579-4751

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (09/26/89)

> 2.0.2 at 9600 with a Telebit Trailblazer Plus.  When I attempt to change my
> existing Systems and Devices files for 19200, I can not even get to the dialing
> phase.  The modem responds with garbage, implying a baud problem very early
> in the modem init. sequence.  Could someone send me an example of Systems and
> Devices files that successfully cu and uucp at 19200 on a Telebit.
> Thanx in advance...

Make sure you have the modem configured to communicate at 19200 baud - the
default is 9600 baud so you may need to change it.

--
Larry Snyder
uucp: iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry

jpr@dasys1.UUCP (Jean-Pierre Radley) (10/12/89)

In article <177@lgc.UUCP> max@lgc.UUCP (Max Heffler @ Landmark Graphics) writes:
>I have been successfully communicating from a Compaq 386/25 running ISC 386/ix
>2.0.2 at 9600 with a Telebit Trailblazer Plus.  When I attempt to change my
>existing Systems and Devices files for 19200, I can not even get to the dialing
>phase.  The modem responds with garbage, implying a baud problem very early
>in the modem init. sequence.

Two things, one of them omitted from some versions of the manual for the
Trailblazer Plus: S51 = 254 is for Autobauding at 19200.

And when S51 = 254 or S51= 255, the modem selects the interface speed upon
seeing a letter 'A'.  You may need to modify your Dialer source code, or
your chat script, to send an 'A", or maybe two of them, before you try to
send a number to dial.

Try talking to your modem with 'cu' at 19200, with register S51 set at
254. If the first thing you type is "AT", you may not get anything back.
But if you type "AAT", then you see the "OK".
--
Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr@jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341@compuserve.com