[comp.dcom.modems] {new article} Re: magazine article wanted: communication software

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (11/10/89)

In article <5391@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> jgt@uhccux.UUCP writes:
>In article <6349@b11.ingr.com> jeff@b11.ingr.com (Jeff Kilpatrick) writes:
>>  I've been trying to locate an article that was in Byte magazine a
>>couple of years ago.  The article is about testing 23 different vendor's
>>1200/2400 baud modems and I believe the title is "Test of 23 Modems".  If
>>anyone can tell me what issue this was in, I can take it from there.
>
>Similarly, I've been trying to locate the 2 articles about communication
>software, which includes Red Ryder, VersaTerm, Microphone, Smart....;
>PC Talk, Qmodem, ..........
>	1 in MacUser of (probably) last year-end or beginning of this year
>issue;
>	1 in Home Computer (or Home Computing) -- this one included
>pc and Mac communication software.

At the risk of making a stupid suggestion, have you considered calling
up the magazines, guys?  Most magazines tend to know in which issue
certain articles appeared, and may even be glad to send you a copy.

svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) (11/11/89)

In article <5391@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> jgt@uhccux.UUCP writes:
>In article <6349@b11.ingr.com> jeff@b11.ingr.com (Jeff Kilpatrick) writes:
>Similarly, I've been trying to locate the 2 articles about communication
>software, which includes Red Ryder, VersaTerm, Microphone, Smart....;
>PC Talk, Qmodem, ..........
>
>Does anyone remember which issue they are?

	I have no references to PC communications software, but the following
are two of the most recent reviews of Macintosh Communications Software.

MacUser, August 1989.  Pg.90-114.
InfoWorld, March 20, 1989, Macintosh Supplement.

	Both articles contain capsule reviews of all of the comm packages,
a feature comparison chart, and ratings based on their respective rating
systems.  Although both contain some technical errors, they have been the best
articles within the last year on Mac Telecomm (says alot doesn't it :-(

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025