[comp.dcom.modems] Need {X, Y, Z}MODEM source code

larry@dprmpt.UUCP (Larry) (11/15/89)

Can someone tell me where I can get source code for XMODEM, YMODEM,
and ZMODEM.  I have a user on the system who wants to use one of these
to transfer files from PC's to System V UNIX (bidirectional), so we
need versions for both the IBM PC and System V Rel 2.

Also, are these programs in the public domain?

Please E-mail and I will post a followup if there's enough interest.

ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan) (11/16/89)

In article <277@dprmpt.UUCP>, larry@dprmpt.UUCP (Larry) writes:
> Can someone tell me where I can get source code for XMODEM, YMODEM,
> and ZMODEM.  I have a user on the system who wants to use one of these
> to transfer files from PC's to System V UNIX (bidirectional), so we
> need versions for both the IBM PC and System V Rel 2.

You can get source for these on simtel20 in pd2:<misc.unix> or in
one of the pd2:<unix-c> directories. The sources are for Unix and are
public domain. For the pc, there is dsz in the pd1:<msdos.zmodem>
directory which is shareware... By the way, the zmodem programs are
called sz and rz, and they also perform ymodem transfers I believe
(haven't used them since I left school). There is also a public domain
zmodem program for the pc's called pcz0122.arc in the msdos directory.

					Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron@woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmaus!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ last resort                                        woan@peyote.cactus.org +